Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Ready for 2010

Alan Cohen of Initiative Innovations and Entertainment has a really interesting, funny and scary column in today's MediaPost. Entitled "The Futurist: Living the Virutal Life" the article (positioned as an the online diary of a 16 year old in 2010) gives us a peak into the connected world.

The article gives little clues throughout as to what businesses and consumers will need to know to get ready. For example"I only have enough time to interact with a couple communities for brands I love." Hmmm, sounds like businesses need to cater to the powerful 1%. "I love viedoing crazy stuff like that and uploading it wirelessly in real time to my site." Hmmm, sounds like even more consumer generated content coming our way. "... I also get "viral" points [toward a new snowboard] that are worth two regular points to spread the word about Burton's snowflake foundation. Charity is cool ..." Hmm, sounds like some charities have figure out how to use this web 2.0 stuff to increase donations.

In reading through this piece, I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for 2010. I'm not even sure what some of the words mean. But I know I have to get ready if I'm going to stay competitive -- what about you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home